Hello everyone…Your beauty Coach is here again! Relax and enjoy as we share remedies for an oily skin .
For those who deal with oily skin, I am sure you can understand the frustrations of how hard it can be to figure out how to control the excess oil.. and it can be even more difficult to figure out which beauty products to use for effective results. Although the oil on our skin helps protect it and fight signs of aging, many people suffer from an excess of oil. We often picture teenagers having this problem, but it can affect people of all ages and cause blemishes, pimples, and other problems.
Here are some ways to get rid of oily skin for good.
- BE MINDFUL OF THE CLEANSER & TYPE OF SOAP YOU USE: Make sure to use a gentle, pH balanced cleanser rather than regular soap. Most soaps are highly alkaline and strip the natural acid mantle from the skin leaving it vulnerable to bacteria. Products containing benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, or beta-hydroxy acid are often considered best. These are slightly acidic, however, so start off with only a small amount to make sure your skin doesn’t have an adverse reaction. When washing your face, make sure you use warm water, not hot. Hot water can further irritate the skin.
- MOISTURIZE YOUR SKIN: You can never go wrong with moisturizer.. While it may seem counterproductive, oil and moisture are two different things. Even oily skin can be dehydrated and requires moisturizer to stay healthy. Just stick with the type of moisturizer suitable for your skin type.. Make sure to use a light, oil free moisturizer(for oily skin)
- AVOID OVER WASHING YOUR FACE: Though you may think that the more you wash your face the better, this is not the case. You’ll be triggering the PH balance of your skin to shed/strip itself of more oil.. Especially with Unknown harsh chemicals(under the guise of beauty soaps) , excessive washing will lead to irritation and can make your symptoms worse. You should wash your face no more than two times daily.
Use a gentle facial cleanser twice a day: Most dermatologists agree that cleansing the skin is the best way to reduce Oil.
- APPLY CUCUMBERS PASTE ON YOUR FACE: It’s got high water retention capacity which makes it soothing. Cucumbers are often applied during facials and spa treatments because of their soothing properties. They contain vitamins and minerals that can help fight swelling, redness, and excess oil. Slice up a fresh cucumber and rub the slices on your face. Leave this on your face overnight, rinsing with warm water in the morning. Repeat daily.
- APPLY ALOE VERA TO YOUR FACE: The aloe vera plant has many therapeutic properties, including treating burns, cuts, and infections. It is also effective on oily skin and acne. Cut an aloe leaf in half and squeeze out the gel, apply the gel evenly over your face. Allow the gel to dry. After it dries, rinse it off with cool water. This can be repeated two or three times a day.
- YOGURT APPLICATION ON THE FACE: Take one tablespoon of plain yogurt and spread it evenly over your face. Leave the yogurt on for 15 minutes, then rinse off with cold water. Repeat once a day. Yogurt helps open up pores, exfoliate the skin, and absorb excess oil. Hence ,it’s perfect for oily skin.
- USE BLOTTING PAPERS: This isn’t ‘s lasting solution to trapping oil. But it’s a quick, effective solution to soak up excess oil. They won’t cut down on your skin’s oil production though, so this treatment should be paired with a cleansing regimen for the best results. Make sure you don’t rub your skin with blotting papers. This can spread dirt and cause irritation. Instead, just gently press the paper down on your skin and hold it there for 15 to 20 seconds to trap out the excess oil from the skin pores.
Beauty Coach/Beauty Columnist/Head Makeup Artist @Niffy Signature